Monday, February 28, 2011

Kenya Pray? Bracelets!





Hello,

As a fundraiser for my internship to Nairobi, Kenya this summer, I was led to purchase bracelets to help with support raising. My support raising goal is $5,672. The bracelets say "Kenya Pray?" on them and they are selling for $3 each or 2 for $5. My vision for these bracelets is for people to wear them and every time they look at it that they will remember to pray for Kenya. Here's my slogan for support raising:


"Kenya pray?
Kenya pray for Kenya?
Kenya pray for Brandi?"

Also, I pray that this will be a unique way to market my trip and to share with others my vision and my heart for Kenya and the ministry I will be a part of for 8 weeks this summer. 

Here's a little bit of what my summer in Kenya will involve:

While in Kenya I will be working alongside the team of CMF missionaries and Kenyan nationals currently serving there. We will be traveling to the Mathare Valley slum each day to be a part of the ministry going on. Mathare Valley is a one square mile slum outside of Nairobi with approximately 800,000 residents living there. The main focus of our ministry is to show God’s love through Community Health Evangelism (CHE). CHE is a holistic program that seeks to transform individual’s lives physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The ministry there involves vocational training, microenterprise, healthcare, education, evangelism, and partnership with local churches to reach the people of Mathare Valley. My team and I will go into the slums each day making home visits, visiting schools and working with children, providing HIV/AIDS education, praying with and discipling families, and ultimately sharing the love of Christ to those who do not know Him. I believe that the ministry I am a part of in Nairobi will bring me one step closer to seeing where God has called me long-term.

Let me know if you have any questions. If you would like to purchase one or more bracelets email me your order at telltheworldthatjesuslives@hotmail.com. Be sure to indicate how many you want and the color. 

In Christ, 
Brandi :)


Contact Info:
telltheworldthatjesuslives@hotmail.com
www.facebook.com/telltheworldthatjesuslives
www.telltheworldthatjesuslives.blogspot.com
www.telltheworldthatjesuslives.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment