Friday, January 21, 2011

Give Me Faith


Give Me Faith-Elevation Worship
 
I need you to soften my heart
To break me apart
I need you to open my eyes
To see that You're shaping my life

All I am,
I surrender

Give me faith to trust what you say
That you're good and your love is great
I'm broken inside, I give you my life

I need you to soften my heart
To break me apart

I need you pierce through the dark
And cleanse every part of me

I may be weak
Your spirit strong in me
My flesh may fail
My God you never will


FAITH
First off, I just wanted to inform you that the word “faith” is in the NIV version of the Bible 458 times. WOW!

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1

I just realized that I could probably quote all of Hebrews 11 for this post. It’s rather crazy how God is truly working in my life right now. I have started this Bible Study with several friends of mine, and we are reading through 365 key chapters of the Bible in a year. Hebrews 11 references almost every single one of the chapters I have read so far in Genesis, which I have read 20 so far. Stories about Noah, Abraham, Joseph, etc. I have been digging deeper into each of these stories and about how each of these people had a tremendous amount of faith in God. It is crazy how I have been studying these verses, but just now made the connection that God placed these chapters in my path to prepare me for this faith journey I am about to go on.

“For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.”Psalm 33:4

God would not have led me to go to Kenya if He did not have a plan in all of this. God is faithful in ALL He does. The God of this universe is going to provide for me in ways that I cannot even fathom at this moment. God has already been providing me with a network of over 150 people to give support letters to in ONE WEEK!

“Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

Lord Jesus, I need to trust in your plan for me this summer. I need to yeild to your voice and take time to listen to what You have to tell me. God, I need to rely on your faithfulness because I know that you are going to provide for me in huge ways this summer. God I need my heart to be all Yours and for it to not be distracted by men or idols. I need to be sure that there is nothing I put before you. Every moment of every day I need to be seeking You and what Your Will is for me that day. Lead me to fear You and who You are, for You are the only One I should fear.

He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” Mark 4:40

Why am I so afraid to have faith and trust that God will provide for my trip this summer? Jesus, I know I have faith, it is one of the fruits of the spirit I see in myself, but why is it that you have provided this amazing opportunity for me and I am stuck wondering where my faith is? God give me the faith that Abraham had to just leave everything up to You and know that You will faithfully provide.

“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12

Faith AND prayer all in three words? God has blessed me with faith (despite that I am doubting Him right now) and given me this passion for prayer. Now, I just need to combine the two and faithfully pray for my trip to Kenya. Honestly, I didn’t even read what it said in this verse before “faithful.” Patience, another thing God has been working on in my life. This past summer my patience was tested while working at Wawa and I could really see God working in me to give me more patience. Right now, my patience is being tested because I have to wait until at least the beginning of February to send out my first support letter. I just want to get started with sending letters out, but I know there is a reason for this time span. I need to be praying for each person I am sending a letter to, that they would prayerfully consider supporting me. I need to be thinking of more people to send letters to. God is going to do big things through this time span of me waiting. The first part of the verse “be joyful in hope” just puts a smile on my face because God has given me so much joy in this life. Joy that I can't even explain sometimes because even when I'm at my lowest of lows, God gives me the joy I need to get through.

“So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.” Galatians 3:9

Abraham, the man of faith, the man who will be my inspiration this summer. While studying Genesis 22, I said this “Abraham---this man is intense! Every single chapter I read I am just more in awe of his faith in Christ!This is my “Thanks God!" moment where I am so thankful that I have been studying the life of these people that have such strong faith. Faith that led them to unknown territory, faith that led Abraham to almost slaying his very own son because God was testing the faith that he had. 



With God laying "Faith" on my heart so much in the past couple of weeks I have decided to purchase the above ring.  

Matthew 17:20 says "He replied, 'Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.'”

I especially like the part where it says "Nothing will be impossible for you."  With God by my side, I am going to be able to move mountains. God, You are awesome!

In Christ,
Brandi :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any idea how moving your blog is? The backround, the beautiful music, and most of all, the scriptures and your thoughts. Blessings always.

    ReplyDelete